- Create a welcoming and safe environment for all children and their families
- Involve children and families in all aspects of church life including worship, music, education, and outreach
- Develop new programs and approaches to effectively serve children and families
- Celebrate the great diversity of all God’s children
Learn more about volunteering for the First Church Children & Family Ministry.
Nursery care is provided on Sunday mornings for infants and young children, available at 9:00 AM until 12:15 PM. IF a special event follows the morning worship service, nursery care will be extended. The nursery is also available during our regularly scheduled choir and hand bell rehearsals. Nursery staff are CPR certified. The nursery can be requested for other events throughout the week.
Please contact Megan Jones if you would like the nursery to be available during a weekly event, Bible study, meeting, or rehearsal.
Sunday School at First Church is a wonderful opportunity for children 3 years old through 6th grade to learn about God, the Bible, and our church. Children are dismissed from the 10:30 AM worship service directly following the Children’s Message. Parents are welcome to meet their child(ren) at their classroom following worship.
Nursery: Room 201
Pre-K: Rom 205
Kindergarten & First Grade: Room 208
Second Grade: Room 206
Third & Fourth Grade: Room 133
Fifth & Sixth Grade: Room 134
During adult Sunday School classes (9:30 AM – 10:15 AM), children are invited to participate in one of our age-appropriate children’s choirs:
- Cherub Choir (ages 4 – 2nd Grade): Under the direction of Nancy Nordwall, children learn a number of songs that will be performed during worship services throughout the year.
- Sound Seekers (3rd – 6th Grade): Under the direction of Ronnee Edwards, upper elementary children rehearse songs that will be performed during worship services throughout the year.
Families in Action (FIA)
FIA is a small group designed to create opportunities for service and outreach that are appropriate for people of all ages. FIA meets once a month, rotating between family fellowships and service projects.