The organized unit of United Methodist women shall be a community of women whose purpose is……
……to know God and to experience personal freedom as whole persons through Jesus Christ.
……to develop a creative supportive fellowship.
……to expand concepts of mission through participation in the global ministries of the church.
- Tabitha Sewing Circle – Meets the first Monday of each month from 10:00 to 4:00 PM in Room 202.
- Ruth Circle – Meets the third Wednesday of each month at noon in Room 202. Bring a sack lunch. Dessert and beverage is provided.
- Circle of Friends – Meets the fourth Wednesday of each month at noon in Room 204. Bring a sack lunch. Dessert and beverage is provided.
- Naomi Circle – Meets the fourth Thursday of each month at Terwilliger
- Epiphany Women – Meets the first Monday of each month at 7:00 pm in the Fireside Room. An intergenerational women’s group, Epiphany Women grew out of last fall’s Women’s Retreat. The group meets for spiritual growth, personal sharing, support, laughter, learning, service and friendship.
UMW UNIT GATHERINGS
UMW Unit Gatherings are the first Wednesday of each month. The meeting is at 10:00 AM in the Fireside Room for a business meeting followed by a program at 11:00 AM There is a brown bag lunch at noon in the Fireside Room.
Quilt Preview – 11:30 AM
Luncheon – 12:00 PM
Program – 12:30 PM
Tickets – $20.00
The theme announced by MIX, a group of artists dedicated to the creation of fiber art, is “Reflection and Renewal – Portland’s Japanese Gardens”. The luncheon will be hosted by Portland’s First United Methodist Women.
For more information or tickets contact Linda Anderson, Judy Moon, Shirley Blalock or Trudy Kayser.
Join us for May book chat.
Launching Youth in Foster Care Into a Bright Future
The Church and Society Committee is gathering goods to create Launch Boxes for Youth Aging Out of Foster Care during the month of May. We will be collecting items in the narthex before worship.
These items will then be assembled into Launch Boxes that are given to foster youth when they reach adulthood and move out on their own for the first time.
Please bring one of the items listed below with you to church on either of the first three Sundays in May and help a foster youth launch into adulthood a little more prepared.
- 40 Quart Storage Tote
- Laundry Detergent
- Dish Soap
- Utensil Sets
- Bath Towels
- Paper Towels
- Toilet Paper
- Toothbrush and Toothpaste
- Small First Aid Kit
- Soap Bar
- Can Opener
- Tool Set
- Picture Frames
- Gift Cards
Please note, all items should be new.
All are welcome!
Missionaries Evelyn and Teri Eberle are well known in our conference for their work in Russia, Lithuania and now Alaska. Lunch is provided.