The purpose of the Global Missions Committee of FUMC is
(1) to focus the attention of FUMC members on the specific mission work supported by FUMC (the Covenant relationships in Brazil, Palestine and Cambodia, and UMCOR relief efforts through the West Depot, Sager Brown, and Church World Service), and
(2) to encourage members to participate in mission trips, whether as a part of FUMC organized trips, or trips organized by the General Board of Global Missions, or by other congregations.
<strong “>GLOBAL MISSIONS:
- Focuses our attention on our Covenant Missionaries in Cambodia, Brazil and Palestine
- Focuses our attention on United Methodist Committee on Relief (UMCOR) disaster response programs
- Encourages us to participate in mission trips
FUMC recently sent $600 in profits from the sale of Palestinian olive oil to support the work of
the Four Homes of Mercy, a project in Palestine which is supported by the United Methodist
Church. Four Homes works with severely disabled children and adults in a residential setting.
Members of the 2011 Volunteers in Mission team visited this mission work. Thank you,
FUMC members, for your continued support of the olive oil project! The next sale date will
be June 1, 2014.
Rev. Alex Awad, a retired GBGM missionary who served as Dean of Bethlehem Bible College for more than 30 years, will speak on 10 practical ways churches can respond to the Israel/Palestine crisis.
An internationally known speaker and writer, Rev. Awad is the author of two books and numerous articles on the conflict and on Christians in the Holy Land, theology of the Land, Christian Zionism and interfaith dialogue.