The purpose of the Global Missions Committee of FUMC is
(1) to focus the attention of FUMC members on the specific mission work supported by FUMC (the Covenant relationships in Brazil, Palestine and Cambodia, and UMCOR relief efforts through the West Depot, Sager Brown, and Church World Service), and
(2) to encourage members to participate in mission trips, whether as a part of FUMC organized trips, or trips organized by the General Board of Global Missions, or by other congregations.
<strong “>GLOBAL MISSIONS:
- Focuses our attention on our Covenant Missionaries in Cambodia, Brazil and Palestine
- Focuses our attention on United Methodist Committee on Relief (UMCOR) disaster response programs
- Encourages us to participate in mission trips
FUMC recently sent $600 in profits from the sale of Palestinian olive oil to support the work of
the Four Homes of Mercy, a project in Palestine which is supported by the United Methodist
Church. Four Homes works with severely disabled children and adults in a residential setting.
Members of the 2011 Volunteers in Mission team visited this mission work. Thank you,
FUMC members, for your continued support of the olive oil project! The next sale date will
be June 1, 2014.
The Sign of God…
A Missionary’s Journey in the
Holy Land with Janet Lahr Lewis
Janet is a missionary with the General Board of Global Ministries of the United Methodist Church, serving as advocacy coordinator for the Middle East at the General Board of Church & Society in Washington, DC. She came to that post in 2015 after many years as a missionary and, prior to 2001, a mission volunteer in Palestine and Israel.
Join us as Janet discusses the work that is beeing done, and learn why the United Methodist Church has a presence in the Holy Land. She will also discuss the importance of Volunteers in Mission teams and educational travel to the region. For more information on this event please contact the church office. A light lunch will be provided.